IBPS PO Preparation Tips 2016
IBPS PO Preparation Tips 2016– Institute of banking personnel selection conducts the Probationary officer examination to select able candidates for the vacancies released by it. The examination is conducted in three stages which are the preliminary exam, the Main Exam followed by the Personal Interview. For the past few years, the number of applications for this examination has awkwardly grown steep. The competition thus has reached its pinnacle and thus the candidates preparing for this exam must be smart enough to implement new methods and techniques to clear this exam. Through this article on IBPS PO Preparation Tips 2016, we intend to help the candidates preparing for the exam in a better and smarter fashion.
Details as per the IBPS PO Preparation Tips 2016
As we already know the IBPS PO Exam is conducted in three stages. The syllabus for the Preliminary and the Main Exam remains the same but the level of the examination gets tougher. The candidates can view the article and can learn the benefits of study plan and how do they need to go about the preparation for the examination. The candidates who qualify in the preliminary examination can appear in the main examination and subsequently the successful candidates in the Main Exam will be called for a personal interview. Check all the IBPS PO 2016 Preparation Tips here.
Following are the preparation tips as per the syllabus of the examination:
IBPS PO Preparation Tips 2016 (Reasoning section)
The reasoning paper proves to be the backbone of the PO exam. This section can be the most scoring at all the sections and hence it needs special attention from the candidates. To score heavily in this section, the candidates need to focus more on the analytical part of the Reasoning rather than going hard by simulating the shortcuts. Remember the shortcuts won’t be in mind during the exam. Practice hard and practice daily.
Reasoning topics to focus:-
- Making series / analogy,
- Number Series questions
- Coding and de-coding
- Problem Solving
- Passage and conclusions type questions
- Comprehension Reasoning etc.
IBPS PO Preparation Tips 2016 (General Ability Section)
GAT is the easiest of all sections ion the banking examination. To score better in this section the candidates need to focus more on the daily news and must write down whatever he/she finds on the daily basis. If you are aware about daily events and activities in India with daily newspaper habit seriously you can easily cover most of the part of general knowledge. You can easily score well in this part of exam.
GK Paper covers most of the part with current affairs so focus on it seriously specially related to Banking & Finance Sector.
GK topics to focus:-
Current Affairs of last 6 months , Indian Economy Questions , Marketing , Awards & Honors Sports , Finance , Agriculture , History of Banking , Banking Terms , RBI Functions , Fiscal Monetary Policies etc.
IBPS PO Preparation Tips 2016 (English Section)
This section is the compulsory section in the banking examination. As far as the section is concerned, the questions are very basic and are designed keeping in mind the syllabus of class 10th. To do better in this section, the candidates need to practice hard from the text book and sharpen their grammatical skills. Most of the questions asked in this examination are very basic and it is studied even for an hour in the whole day, the candidates would be able to do most of the questions easily.
English topics to focus:-
Fill in the Blanks, Comprehension Passage, phrases and idioms, Spotting Error Questions, Preposition, and Sentence Improvement etc.
IBPS PO Preparation Tips 2016 (Quantitative Aptitude Section)
This is the major part of the examination. This is a tough section but going about it is very easy. Qualitative aptitude section tests the vulnerability of candidates in a situation like question. The aptitude will test your basic mathematical level. To score better in this part, the candidate need to practice hard and analyze on the theoretical aspect rather than going hard at the examples and learning formulas.
Quantitative Aptitude topics to focus:-
Data Interpretation , Sequence & Series , Number System , Quadratic Equations , Sequence & Series , Ratio , Proportion Percentage & Averages , Simplification etc.
IBPS PO Preparation Tips 2016 (Computer Knowledge section)
Computer knowledge is very important in today’s life and this section tests the computer ability of the candidate. As PO, the candidates will be needed to work effortlessly on the computer and hence must possess skills to run the bank well. To score better ion the examination, the candidates need to have cleared the basic knowledge of the computer section and then must have practiced hard for the matter.
Computer knowledge topics to focus:-
Basic of Computers , Basic internet knowledge and protocols , Network basics (LAN & WAN) , Generations of computer, Input & Output Device, Shortcuts & Basic knowledge MS word, MS Excel, MS power point, Computer Shortcuts etc.
Some General IBPS PO Preparation Tips 2016
Apart from focusing on the subject wise preparation tips, the candidates must also be aware on every other part during the examination. Following are some general IBPS PO 2016 Preparation Tips:
- Proper planning (how to go about the exam?) is required to clear this examination.
- Update yourself with various happening around you. The GAT paper might trick you with a very latest question.
- The candidates must focus on the section wise study as there would be a sectional cutoff to clear. Hence they cannot leave any section.
- General knowledge section must be the most prized section if you are preparing for the IBPS PO Exam. This includes having sufficient information in the science and technology, sports, politics, geography etc.
- There must be a proper time table and that time table must be followed judiciously in order to garner maximum profit from it.
- Time management will also be a key factor. The time allotted in the examination is very low as compared to the number of questions asked in the examination. Hence the candidates must be lightning fast in calculation.
- Use lots and lots of mock test to sharpen your knowledge. Practice from sample paper, use previous year question papers for that purpose.
- Revision must be done after every day’s study. If you don’t revise what you have studied in the day, you will ultimately forget and that no one wants during the examination.
- Take good care of health as it is required for any candidates to be mentally and physically fit to go about any sort of preparation. Hence take proper diet and must do medication to keep you healthy.
IBPS PO Preparation Tips 2016 for Personal Interview
The candidates qualifying in the written examination are called for the interview. The interview procedure is so smooth that the candidates feel afraid. Well, do not panic as we have brought absolutely amazing IBPS PO 2016 Preparation Tips for the Interview.
- Be very gentle once you are entering the room where the interviewer is sitting. First of all greet them the day while smiling.
- Ask for taking seat and if they tell you to sit down, make it a quiet affair.
- The first and foremost thing to do after that is to forward your CV to the head interviewer and wait for their reply.
- For every question that they ask, go about replying having a smile on your face. For the questions you don’t know, simply say to them that you don’t know.
- DO NOT confront them on any issue. They might intimidate you test your patience but please don’t get heated up. Do not argue with them.
- Once the interview is over, stand up quietly, shake their hands while saying ‘obliged to meet you’ and quietly leave the room.
For any aspirant of the IBPS PO Exam, they must have a good reading habit as well as listening habit. They must also prepare for the Interview by speaking for some minutes in front of the mirror.