SSC CHSL 2016 Recruitment Exam
Complete Details : SSC CHSL 2016 Recruitment Exam
SSC CHSL 2016: Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts one of the famous exams of the country which is the Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL) Examination. SSC conducts CHSL exam for the recruitment of Data Entry Operator (DEO), Lower Division Clerk (LDC), Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant & Court Clerk. SSC CHSL registration process has been started by 8 October 2016. Read the complete article to know more details about SSC CHSL 2016 exam.
SSC CHSL 2016 Exam: Important Dates
|1||Release of Application form||8 October 2016|
|2||Last Date of Registration||11 Nov. 2016 (5:00 pm)|
|3||Issue of E-Admit Card for Tier-1 Exam||3rd week of Dec. 2016|
|4||Date of Tier-1 Exam||7 Jan. 2017 to 5 Feb. 2017|
|5||Declaration of Tier-1 Exam Result||April 2017|
|6||Issue of E-Admit Card for Tier-2 Exam||End of May 2017|
|7||Date of Tier-2 Exam||4 June 2017|
|8||Declaration of Tier-2 Exam Result||July 2017|
|9||Date of Tier-3 (Skill Test / Typing Test)||(date will be notified)|
|10||Declaration of Final Results||(date will be notified)|
SSC CHSL 2016 Recruitment Exam: Details
- Name of the Exam: SSC CHSL 2016
- Full Form of SSC CHSL: Staff Selection Commission / Combined Higher Secondary Level or CHSL (10+2) Exam
- Exam Conducting Body: Staff Selection Commission
- Exam Level: All India
- Posts Offered: Data Entry Operator (DEO), Lower Division Clerk (LDC), Postal/Sorting Assistant & Court Clerk
- Total Number of Vacancy: 5,134
- Exam Mode: Tier-1 Exam (Online) / Tier-2 Exam (Offline)
SSC CHSL Salary 2016
|Post||Grade Pay||Gross Salary||In Hand Salary|
|Court Clerk||1900||Rs. 22,392 – 26,026||Rs. 18,777 – 22,411|
|LDC||1900||Rs. 22,392 – 26,026||Rs. 18,777 – 22,411|
|DEO||2400||Rs. 29,340 – 35,220||Rs. 25,165 – 31,045|
|Postal Assistant||2400||Rs. 29,340 – 35,220||Rs. 25,165 – 31,045|
SSC CHSL 2016 Post wise Vacancy
- Data Entry Operator – 506
- Lower Division Clerk – 1,321
- Postal/Sorting Assistant – 3,281
- Court Clerk – 26
SSC CHSL 2016 Eligibility Criteria (Read Article)
- Educational Qualification – Candidates must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University.
- Age Limit – Minimum age is 18 years and maximum age is 27 years. Age relaxation provided to certain categories as per the government rules.
SSC CHSL 2016 Application Form (Read Article)
Interested and eligible candidates can apply for SSC CHSL 2016 Exam. Application form is available for online mode only.
Application Fee / Mode of Fee Payment
- Application Fee thru SBI Challan: Candidates have to pay fee of Rs. 100, candidates can pay application fee thru challan at any SBI branch. (SC/ ST/ Female / PH category aspirants no need to pay any fee).
- Online Application Fee: Candidates have to pay fee of Rs. 100, candidates can pay application fee thru net banking and any credit/debit cards. (SC/ ST/ Female / PH category aspirants no need to pay any fee).
SSC CHSL 2016 Selection Procedure
Selection process includes three steps:
- 1st Step: Tier-1 Written Exam (Objective Type) (200 Marks) (Online Mode)
- 2nd Step: Tier-2 Written Exam (Descriptive Type) (100 Marks) (Offline Mode)
- 3rd Step: Tier-3 Skill Test / Typing Test (candidates who qualify the tier-2 exam will be called for Skill Test / Typing Test)
In Case of Tie
In case where more than one candidate score equal aggregates marks, a tie breaker will be applied:
- Marks score in written examination.
- According to the date of birth, who is senior in the age.
- Alphabetical order in which first names of the candidates appear.
SSC CHSL 2016 Exam Pattern & Syllabus (Read Article)
Candidates who are going to appear in CHSL exam should know the exam pattern such as marking scheme, type of questions, and exam duration, syllabus. Reading this article will help candidates to prepare a strategy:
- Exam is objective type and will be conducted online.
- There will be 4 parts in a question paper namely (Part-1) General Intelligence, (Part-2) English Language, (Part-3) Quantitative Aptitude, and (Part-4) General Awareness / General Knowledge.
- Exam will have 100 questions for 200 marks.
- Duration of the exam is 75 Minutes.
- Questions will be set both in English & Hindi for parts: 1, 3 & 4.
- There will be negative marking of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer.
- Exam is descriptive type and will be conducted offline (pen & paper mode).
- Candidates need to write essay / précis / letters / application writing etc.
- Exam carries 100 marks and exam duration will be 1 hour.
- Exam will have to be written either in Hindi or in English.
Tier-3 Skill Test / Typing Test:
- Typing Test: Candidates, who are opting English typing, should have typing speed of 35 words per minute and those candidates who are opting Hindi typing should have typing speed of 30 words per minute. Typing test will be applicable for Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant, LDC and Court Clerk posts.
- Skill Test: Data Entry Speed of 8,000 key depressions per hour on computer. Skill test will be applicable only for Data Entry Operator post.
SSC CHSL 2016 Admit Card (Read Article)
CHSL admits card will be hosted on regional websites of SSC. Candidates can download their CHSL exam admit card form respective regional SSC’s website or candidates can also download admit card from this website (CareerMantri.Com). Candidates will not be allowed to enter in the examination hall without the admit card.
SSC CHSL 2016 Answer Key (Read Article)
Answer key is the collection of all the answers asked in the exam. CHSL answer key will be published after the exam on the official website of SSC for all the sets of the question paper and candidates can use them accordingly. Answer Key of CHSL exam will be published after each shift (Morning and Evening).
SSC CHSL 2016 Cut Off (Read Article)
Cut off is minimum marks that are compulsory to score to get selected for further recruitment process. Cut off marks for general candidates usually higher than the reserve category’s candidates.
SSC CHSL 2016 Result (Read Article)
SSC will upload CHSL exam result on its official website, result will be in the “PDF” format in that PDF file candidates need to search their name and roll number. After tier-3 (skill test / typing test) final results will be published. After final results, candidates will be appointed for the posts.
Stay connected with ExamRoomie.Com for all latest and relevant updates about SSC CHSL 2016 Exam. You can find us on FACEBOOK…!!!